Are we there yet?

I confess, I have a road trip obsession with water towers [...]

#AtoZchallenge 2022: W is for Water Towers

Read More

I get particular joy seeing mismatched doors on the back of trucks [...]

#AtoZchallenge 2022: O is for One Orange Door

Read More

The stone fences on Martha's Vineyard are something. [...]

#AtoZchallenge 2022: M is for Martha's Vineyard

Read More

I have been fascinated by this "lake" for years. It is actually water in a gravel pit. [...]

#AtoZchallenge 2022: L is for the South El Monte "Lake"

Read More

I started the Jam Portraits series after my dad passed away in March 1996. I was in residency at the Virginia Center for the Creative Arts and had a half-finished jar of jam that he and my mom had made. I then painted after every serving on my daily breakfast toast. [...]

#AtoZchallenge 2022: J is for Jam Paintings

Read More

My first map pieces were created in 2001. My concept was to use one of my road photos inserted into the state shape, a map of the region, and a handwritten scrap with the location. [...]

#AtoZchallenge 2022: I is for "I" States Collage Maps

Read More

In May 1995, I spent a month in residency at Hambidge Arts Center, in north eastern Georgia. I did a lot of oil painting en plein air. [...]

#AtoZchallenge 2022: G is for Georgia Paintings

Read More

Florida map art! [...]

#AtoZchallenge 2022: F is for Florida

Read More

In 2010, I started sketching cupcakes. [...]

#AtoZchallenge 2022: C is for Cupcakes

Read More

What better activity than sketching a Zoom meeting [...]

#AtoZchallenge 2021: Z is for Zoom Sketching

Read More

That time I became obsessed with painting a yucca at sunrise. [...]

#AtoZchallenge 2021: Y is for Yuccas

Read More

What are Waterlogues? [...]

#AtoZchallenge 2021: W is for Waterlogues

Read More

This body of work began in the '70s as silkscreen monoprints. [...]

#AtoZchallenge 2021: V is for the Veil Series

Read More

UFOs (unfinished objects), I have a few! [...]

#AtoZchallenge 2021: U is for Unfinished

Read More

Trucks. I was stuck behind them for years. [...]

#AtoZchallenge 2021: T is for Trucks

Read More

Selfies! [...]

#AtoZchallenge 2021: S is for Self-Portrait Sketches

Read More

Obvious choice of genre, if you know my work. Where to begin? [...]

#AtoZchallenge 2021: R is for Road Trip

Read More

Chalk Pastels! A favorite medium. [...]

#AtoZchallenge 2021: P is for Pastel

Read More

I have recently become captivated with origami, the art of folding paper. It's another way I can deploy the paper ephemera I have laying around. [...]

#AtoZchallenge 2021: O is for Origami

Read More

I love maps! Here is some of my older graphic design work with maps. [...]

#AtoZchallenge 2021: M is for Maps

Read More

I worked in Irwindale, CA for 15 years. I found the location a huge inspiration! [...]

#AtoZchallenge 2021: I is for Irwindale

Read More

What is a Fluevog, you ask? Fluevog is a shoe brand, and I like to sketch them! [...]

#AtoZchallenge 2021: F is for Fluevog

Read More

I started a massive crowd sourced embroidery project last year and it kept me sane during the early months of COVID quarantine. [...]

#AtoZchallenge 2021: E is for Embroidery

Read More

On Clutter Day, I showed you the box full of what I call Detritus Weavings. Here is the first one that I made, 1/23/19: [...]

#AtoZchallenge 2021: D is for Detritus Weavings

Read More